Re: Time to move along

On 02/12/2012 08:01 AM, Hartmut Noack wrote:
Am 11.02.2012 22:57, schrieb Jeremy Jongepier:
Remixing Leigh's (Pneuman) track is simply taking me too long and the
baby's due next week so I'm just releasing this remix. It's not finished
though but I will probably never finish it, for the moment I have enough
of all the quirks of the software I'm using.

Thanks a lot for the highly interesting report, Jeremy!

Thank you Hartmut!

The ogv-file is oddly distorted after 40-50 sec when played with
Dragon-player, in VLC there is no such distortion.

That's weird, I just did an export from Audacity and played it back on several players (aqualung, browsers, my good ol' KiSS DP1500, my phone). Haven't heard any distortion myself.

The vocals do sound astounding given the extreme manipulations you
describe. But indeed they are a bit dim. Could be considered a
style-statement if you would not have reported yourself, that this is
not intended.
Anyway, it is indeed an entirely new song and find it fascinating.

Thanks again :)

 > seq24 is dead and staying with JACK 0.118.x just because of seq24 is
just plain silly.

I got jackdmp 1.9.7 here and can use Seq24 without any trouble. I do not
build it from source but use the package for KXStudio/Ubuntu Studio.

That's right, seq24 has no issues with Jack2. But I don't use Jack2, I never got it to run as stable as Jack1 for some reasons. And I always have to use the -S switch with Jack2 and still don't fathom its multi-processor support (I think I just don't have a workflow that benefits from this support) so I asked myself, why not just stick with Jack1. FWIW, seq24 doesn't work with any version of Jack1 higher than 0.118.x. Torben Hohn looked into it and even provided a patch but since seq24 development seems to be completely stalled this patch got lost.

Despite our little family growing I do hope to release more stuff in
2012.

I look forward to it especially for the background-stories ;-)

And I wish you all the best for your family-growing. I got younger kids
here too and it is indeed a great inspiration and besides, it tends to
rewind the wheel of time every once in a while ;-)
So congratulations though I have to affirm, that kids are the most
time-consuming good thing you can have.

He he, that's just so true!

best regards
HZN