Re: help for a LAUer wannabe

Hello!

If he is an FL Studio user, I suggest he try a regular Ubuntu with LMMS and then start by adding some JACK aware apps.
For inspiration he can look at some of my tunes (no boasting intended) which I think sound impressive:
http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=music&t=lmms

There could be a negative effect from using LMMS, because it is not as developed as FL Studio and since it tries to
imitate it in many respects, the downsides could seem bold.

The positive side of using an audio distro is that it comes with all the software needed, but at the same time there could
be value in exploring Ubuntu Software Center and/or kxstudio repos one by one. Do invite your friend to the mailing list.

Much depends on what he wants from Linux Audio and how much he wants it ;)

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/