Re: Audio software website: own forum or extern?

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Nils <list@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can't decide if the site should offer user accounts for a forum or bug tracker

Personally I find it irritating if I have to create an account before one can help the author.

I find sending an email to the contact address, then chatting about relevant info for a bug report,
and then filing a bug report is a good "workflow" for small projects bug reports.

I've had quite some emails from people building Luppp, and I've mostly created the bugs (or "issues" on Github) myself. I suppose for big projects where multiple people need to be informed about issues a mailing list could be used for bug queries, but for "single-dev" projects I don't see a problem with the personal email.

My 2 cents, -Harry