Re: ladspa effects hardware controller

On 01/26/12 14:27, James Miller wrote:
Hi - I'm hoping to use my laptop with ubuntu studio to play realtime live
at a gig.  I am wondering if there is any way to connect a midi controller
of any kind (preferably something foot controlled as I am a guitarist) so
that I can control the fx.  I am a developer so if you know if ladspa or
jack rack exposes a midi control interface then  that would help, or even a
serial interface.
Thanks,

James

Hello James,

JACK Rack is MIDI controllable, just add a plug-in and right-click on the sliders. As for foot controllers, I use a Roland FC50 myself and it's a matter of plugging it into the MIDI in of my sound card and making the necessary connections in QjackCtl (well, not quite, the FC50 only outputs Program Changes so I have mididings in between to convert the PC messages to CC messages).

Best,

Jeremy