[OT] no more LJ monthly articles

On 01/19/2012 12:44 PM, linux-audio-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
reetings,

 I've just received a notice from the Linux Journal that they will no
 longer be running my monthly articles. I know that some people on this list
 have enjoyed reading them, but alas, all things must end. I've been invited
 to contribute full-length articles to the digital edition, which I will do,
 but those articles will be available only to subscribers.

 I have given some thought to collecting all my LJ articles to date (12+
 years worth) and posting updated versions at linux-sound.org. However,
 the work is non-trivial - it takes considerable time to research and write
 those articles - and I have bills to pay. Other work for hire will
 necessarily take precedence, meaning I'll probably teach more and perform
 more often.

 So, I hope you've enjoyed my work for LJ. Thanks for the reads, I've
 enjoyed the writing.

 Best,

 dp

As I told you during our 'planned meeting' in the train to Maynooth ;), your articles where the best resources to get started and familiar with Linuxaudio. You helped me find my way and many others!

Thanks a lot for your writings, sad that it will end
(A big loss for the Linuxaudio community when it comes to knowledge and 'buzz').

Dirk