Re: [OT] no more LJ monthly articles

2012/1/19 Dave Phillips <dlphillips@xxxxxxxxxx>
Greetings,

I've just received a notice from the Linux Journal that they will no longer be running my monthly articles. I know that some people on this list have enjoyed reading them, but alas, all things must end. I've been invited to contribute full-length articles to the digital edition, which I will do, but those articles will be available only to subscribers.

I have given some thought to collecting all my LJ articles to date (12+ years worth) and posting updated versions at linux-sound.org. However, the work is non-trivial - it takes considerable time to research and write those articles - and I have bills to pay. Other work for hire will necessarily take precedence, meaning I'll probably teach more and perform more often.

So, I hope you've enjoyed my work for LJ. Thanks for the reads, I've enjoyed the writing.

Best,

dp

All things must end... even the good ones.

Thanks so much for your contributions, and from now I'm willing to see any collection of your articles updated or not, and/or new ones.

Regards.

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux