Re: bitwig announcement

On 01/16/2012 11:10 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

Another thing that could happen is:

- A number of Linux users buy it and use Bitwig.
- After some time, version N+1 adds some nice features and
   at the same time drops Linux support - "we can't spend all
   that effort/money on supporting such a small market".
- Users want to keep using their toy and switch to OSX or
   Windows.

happens all the time, in different ways. so what. user migration is a healthy thing.

imagine all those people used to open source and honest communication and no bullshitting, and they suddenly flood the support channels of $YOUR_FAVOURITE_CLOSED_SOURCE_BOGEYMAN, letting them know in no uncertain terms that they don't care if their support chat bot is a boob-job blonde called "charlene" (don't laugh, that's what hewlett-packard had me believe when i tried to explain to them that their windows scanning software shouldn't be hardcoding C:\Documents and Users\ as a home directory prefix). rather, they will tell them that this is a one-liner and why can't it just be fixed, like, now?

call me a nutcase, but i like this idea :D

might as well go the other way: vendor falls in love with jack so much that s/he can't be bothered to implement ASIO anymore :)