Re: bitwig announcement

Am 14.01.2012 23:42, schrieb Renato:
I don't know, maybe I'm naive and someone will correct me, but how
could this be bad? We will still of course have our free tools, plus
many new users which in turn will bring more devs - isn't this optimal?

In my opinion it adds an interesting fact to linux audio: competition. If our FLOSS tools are better then those proprietary tools, why should we see it as a problem? Let's face it: If a lot of people are going to choose those proprietary tools on Linux instead of the FLOSS alternatives, then there is very likely a good point why they do so. Constructive discussions could help to find these points and improve our FLOSS software.

- Sebastian