Re: choir effect

On 01/12/12 16:13, Renato wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:42:23 +0000
Alan Russell<ajrussellaudio@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi Renato,

Hi Alan,

I think, though, you're more interested in simulating the sound of a
real "choir" of whatever instrument you're plugging through the
effect, with different voices singing the same tune, or harmonising,
and the subtly different qualities of the "voices" adding to the
texture of the whole. Sounds interesting!

yes, exactly ;) precisely this thing stemmed from wondering how I could
get something close to the sound of a Batucada percussion ensemble
(those that play Samba in Rio's Carnival).

I think pitch shifters are going to have to come into it. Not just for
harmony parts (though I'd stick to octaves and fifths or it would get
a bit weird, musically)

I was actually thinking of detuning each voice by a bunch of cents,
just like it would happen in real life...

I'll let you know if I find out something interesting.

best wishes,
renato

Hi Renato,

You could also load 16 layers in each instrument in Hydrogen and edit those to differ from each other slightly.

Best,

Jeremy