Re: software for aiding piano practice?

There's PianoBooster
Thank you for the tip, I will check it out.
I have tried it.

It comes pretty close to what I wanted, except that

- It does not have JACK midi connectivity (although I guess that can be worked around by a2jmidi or similar stuff)

- The handling of different MIDI tracks could be more sophisticated. (For example, sending the different tracks towards different midi synth modules does not seem to be supported - but I guess that can be worked around, too.)

- The detection of left-hand and right-hand is not really robust, and there is no way to correct in on the fly. Also, I can not find a way to simultaneously select more than one tracks. Therefore, the results strongly depend on the exact preparation of the input MIDI file.

All in all, I thing I can make this useful, but it needs some work.

Thank you for the hint again:

     Kristof