Re: Best midi/osc controllers for linux?

On 12/25/2011 08:19 PM, Iain Duncan wrote:
Hey folks, I'm wondering if people can let me know which pad/knob
controllers they know to work well if you're going to use them in home
brewed linux rigs. IE, which ones can be configured flexibly to send
whatever I want from the pads and knobs, and won't turn out to be kinda
useless if I'm not using commercial software with them.

I'm using a BCR2000, works well, sends midi, I stick with the default controller assignment and handle things in my client (either chuck or renoise).

Nothing beats the Lemur, although almost the same (maybe even more) can be done with a tablet (samsung galaxy running android would be my bet) + either something you grab from the market and customize or hack yourself. I found it kind of interesting that the lemur seems to be out of production and the software is now available on ios (suggesting people should buy an ipad + the app and forget about the lemur)...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk