Re: newbie problems with FST

Do you use official JACK from debian, or did you compile it yourself?
I am using the official jack2 packages from debian.

It smells a bit like you have two different installations of libjack on
your machine and the one used by wine is not connecting to the JACK
server running on the linux host. Maybe because of a configuration
conflict (libdir, shmem-path) between libjack.dll and libjack.so ?.
Bingo!

The problem is this:

- I am using the 64-bit  JACK2 packages from debian.
- FST is linked with the 32-bit version of libjack, which comes from the official ia32-libs package of Debian - which only contains JACK1.
  This is a known Debian bug: http://bugs.debian.org/600454
  (Basically, all 32-bit JACK applications are broken if I use JACK2.)

(By the way, Filipe Lopes, the author of Festige has pointed out this problem in a private mail to me.)

I will try to fix this now.

Can native windows+JACK apps running under wine connect to JACK?
What windows+jack apps do you mean?

I have tried WineASIO, but I could not get it to work yet. (I think it's also linked to the 32-bit version of libjack, so I suspect the the same bug is killing it, too.)

You could try http://code.google.com/p/foo-yc20/ or http://musescore.org/
I might check them later.

Thank you for your help:

   Kristof