Re: pressure sensitive tablets for music

Brett McCoy wrote:
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Renato <rennabh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm wondering, how is the linux support for those tablets with a fake
pen used for drawing? Are they plain HIDs and thus usable in pd/sc? I'm
particularly interested in the pressure sensitive ones...

You mean a Wacom tablet? Very well supported!

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=Main_Page

Also keep in mind that outside of the entry-level Wacoms, all Wacoms also offer tilt sensitivity (the table can determine the angle the stylus is held at). Also, Wacom tablets are sensitive to the presence of the stylus up to about 1/2" away from the surface. Which means you can do things with the stylus without having to touch the surface and thus trigger a click action.

I really should dig out the 2 Wacoms I have here, hook one to the new desktop machine, other to the laptop. Just gotta scrounge up some desk space.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx