Re: ALSA: Using a plugin only for capture

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 11:27:09PM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:

>  I didn't fnd this one, but it looked very similar. It said, that the
> output could go to a hardware or software mixer (dmix or plughw). It does
> work on the capture part. I've tested it and there it does, what it's
> supposed to do, but the playback for that user sounds just horrible. :-)

So, are you telling us that ALSA inserts the plugin in both
the capture and playback paths ? That would be absolutely
braindead.

If the ALSA device doesn't provide enough level on the mic
input then there is something wrong with either the driver
or its configuration. If it's one that depends on 'quirks',
you'll have to find the right ones...

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.