Re: [slightly OT] Musical citation (what is allowed?)

Which always strikes me as something illogical. Nobody has to pay for work which was done without their consent. When I am in a barbershop, I do not ask for music. So listening to radio is not a public performance, it is an imposed service. Reasoning that "having music in a barbershop increases profits of the barbershop" is logically false, as it assumes a. people like any music that is played b. people want to listen to music always and enjoy it any time. Both presumptions are false. I personally wish barbershops did not play music. As for restaurants, I wish they did not play it at all =)

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/