Re: audiophile 2496

Pablo Fernandez wrote:

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 7:18 PM, nepal <nepal.roade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nepal.roade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello Everyone.

    I am a mere lurker, sadly no musician, but do really love listening. I
    run linux mint and am thinking about treating myself to the above sound
    card to improve my listening experience. I'll be running the output to
    my Kenwood hifi amp using the phonos I expect.

    Is the above sound? as in sensible and workable. I'd rather not get
    into manually messing with my distro settings if that is possible. Are
    there any gotchas to be considered?

Install a package called "alsa-tools-gui", run envy24control and make sure the DAC levels are up (analog volume tab).

Enjoy, Pablo

Great cards, I have 2 of them. To my ears, on my stereo equipment, their output sounds cleaner than the output of my UCA202 USB card and the builtin Intel audio hardware.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx