Re: Reinstalling Ubuntu - Which version ?

nice article about tweaking the desktop for old school gnome
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/new-desktop-interface-flops/9880
thnx
ron
indamixx.com

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Tony Austin <gigaday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thorsten Wilms said:
Which has been widely reported to be a broken, half-assed attempt at
mimicking GNOME 2.x with 3.x tech. If you want a functioning GNOME 2.x
desktop, use an earlier version of Ubuntu, or another distribution
altogether.

Tony said:
This is certainly not true of Ubuntu 11.04 Natty - I'm using it right now!!  Desktop is Gnome 2.x.

Hmm!  Not so good with 11.10 Onyx.  Must be possible though, I would think.

Tony