Re: OT: What battery powered Amps are you using?

On 10/30/2011 3:16 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sun, 2011-10-30 at 12:00 +0000,
linux-audio-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Message: 3
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:34:10 -0500
From: Stephen Stubbs<theother1510@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  OT: What battery powered Amps are you using?
To: linux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10/29/2011

Hello All,

What small, battery/electric powered, portable Amps are you using?

I'm taking up the Autoharp (an acoustic instrument) that has a
magnetic
pickup with 1/4" jack output.  I have a Zoom H2 recorder that I would
use as a vocal microphone (has the 1/8" mini-stereo line output).

I'm not interested in special guitar effects.  A graphic equalizer is
plus.

The Vox Mini 3 looks promising.  I could run the Autoharp 1/4" out
through the Vox 1/4" input jack. The Zoom H2 line out into the Vox
Aux
In jack.  Will this work?

And do any of these Amps have a Line Out that I could run to my
Yamaha
MG10/2 mixer?  That would be very nice for recording.

Other suggestions?

Thanks All,
Stephen.
If you know how to solder build your own amp. I suspect that those
battery powered amps don't have any special characteristics comparable
to those of big amps. Resp. if there are low cost battery amps, I would
test the cheapest.

A review in German says that the amp should be ok, if you need amp
simulation.
http://www.musiker-board.de/reviews-e-git/403506-amp-vox-mini-3-a.html
I suspect that if you need all the features you can't build an amp
yourself for that price. Since you don't need it, why paying that much
money?

- Ralf

Thanks for the reply, Ralf.

I have no knowledge or skills when it comes to electrical engineering, soldering, or wiring. Building my own is not an option.

Best,
Stephen.