Re: small/cheap devices that can run jackd?

Renato wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:20:18 +0200
Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

True. I've set up the netbook to disable all services and unload all
drivers I don't need when booting with a realtime kernel.

for doing this you simply run a script which figures out the running
kernel with "uname"?

And it runs
a light DE, rtirq and CPU scaling is set to performance. Also make
sure your audio device isn't sharing an interrupt with something
else. In my case the onboard soundcard shares an interrupt with a USB
controller. I need to unbind the controller otherwise CPU load on the
tasklets will quickly rise.

what do you mean exactly by unbinding the controller? physically
removing it?

I think he means blacklisting the module that handles USB on that controller? Have no clue how you might load the module for some specific USB controller but not for others ...

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx