Re: Linuxsampler/qsampler usability and session portability

On 10/15/2011 08:59 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

Well, I guess the initial question was more in the lines of "why do we
make it so difficult to create sample libraries?" :)

I gave gigedit a go a while ago to try creating a sample library from
public domain files I stumbled upon, but eventually gave up, because
even after doing it by the book I couldn't get any sound of
gigedit/LS.

Hi Alex,

I've created some handy GIGs with Gigedit from WAVs I made in Tao and Csound. It all worked well for me, though like everyone else, I'd like to see some easier way to create sample libraries for LS.

And to whoever posted it: Thanks for the tip on GSampler, I hadn't heard of it.

Best,

dp