Re: NoiseMaker LV2 port

On 14/10/11 8:45 PM, Aurélien Leblond wrote:
Thanks for pointing out your guide Leigh - I'd not seen that. I think
I'll have to have another go with LS to triple check it still irritates
the hell out of me for at least the following reasons:

1 - Its not in the repos of most distros due to licensing probs

2 - Its a bitch to compile

Can't really disagree with either of those :) I do wish it was easier to
install -- I hope some good unofficial repositories show up once there's
a new stable release out.

I don't know what distrib you are using, but linuxsampler and qsampler
are compiled in my launchpad repository:
https://launchpad.net/~blablack/+archive/music-prod

It's the latest SVN version...

Awesome :) I'm on oneiric here, so I'll keep your PPA in mind if I need to reinstall LinuxSampler.

3 - I never got qsampler to work

I've never had much luck with it either, though apparently the version
in svn now works better, and has some SFZ support.

Been using it for the past 2 years with GIG libraries and never had
any problem...
What are the issues you are referring to?

I remember having trouble loading SFZ files with it, but that was a long time ago; I haven't actually checked up on it for a while myself, because I've been happy enough with Fantasia.

Thanks
Leigh