Re: hifi stereo supporting linux filesystem?

Il 09/10/2011 18:16, Kevin Cosgrove ha scritto:
I accomplish something similar just using my Linux computer with a
hifi audio card.  Then I can use whatever Linux audio file player
that I wish.

I already have a netbook, which I can use sometimes to select the songs from a nice interface (like Rhythmbox) and send it to the stereo. But I'd like also to be able to listen to my digital music without having to switch on a computer.

Last I heard modern iPods and such understand FLAC files.  If that's
true, then all the iPod docking systems could be explored.

Good to know...
However, the best choice for me would be buying an old iPod which is supported by Rockbox.

Cheers,
Federico