Re: rme express cards

Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:24:25PM +0200, Peter Plessas wrote:

anyone having experiences with the RME express cards with Multi/Digiface under Linux and Alsa? Thanks for a quick update!

I've been using one with the Multiface II for the last 8 months,
it works perfectly.
So the card is transparent to the Alsa drivers in the sense that there is no difference between the PCMCIA and the Expresscard version. Is there firmware issues?

The only problem I see with it is the delicacy of the mechanical
latch that is supposed to keep the card in place. The cable connecting it to the Multi/Digiface is quite stiff, enough to
break the latch when you move the cable with any force. As
happened to me when some *!#^$ composer put his shoulder bag
on it during a concert. Since then it's possible to pull out
the card without pushing it inward first, and I have to
gaffer-tape he cable to the table to prevent this happening
accidentally.
Oh yes, exactly what I did for the last years with my trusty old PCMCIA+Multiface combination.

Greetings from Berlusconistan,
Yes, I read that today. Such a sad thing. Let's stay positive though.

best, Peter