Re: New blog about Recording on Linux

David

Thanks for that.  I have done a little research and I am not sure that all of the things you mention are as risky as you suggest.  The OS you are using does make a difference, as I understand it, because the JS exploit will be downloading the malicious executable from a web site rather than actually carrying out the exploit itself.  Also, the malicious JS will need to exploit a browser vulnerability - so if you keep you browser up to date there should not be much risk; the malware writers find the vulnerabilities from the browser authors when they plug the holes and issue and update.

Anyway, this is off topic really, I apologise and you're right there is a risk.  But I am happy to continue with _javascript_ enabled on my computers.

Tony