Re: [OT] Fedora installation problem

Greetings,

First, thanks again to everyone who responded to my original message, I appreciate your input and suggestions.

I gave up on Fedora 14, possibly a bit too soon, and I may yet decide to install it on another machine. In fact, F14 installed nicely on the target box, and the Planet CCRMA rt kernel seemed to perform well in the little tests I ran. The problems I encountered started with a difficult-to-reach runlevel (fixed by editing /etc/inittab per session) and ended with a failure compiling nVidia's kernel module (yep, I had the correct kernel sources), with an adorable snafu over the nouveau driver in between (resolved by removing and remaking the initramfs image).

Arch started looking attractive at that point, so I downloaded the ISO and started the process of installing an Arch system. So far, so good. I have a nice Xfce desktop, surprising JACK performance on the default kernel, and the latest nVidia driver is humming along nicely. I've also compiled and installed Csound 5.13.0, and the audio is working perfectly.

I'm still trying to figure out some libraries/dependencies stuff. AVSynthesis crashes because of a Csound-related linkage error, but I think I can hammer it out. :)

Best,

dp