Re: Best file system for audio?

On 06/28/2011 12:47 AM, S. Massy wrote:
Hello, all,

I know this topic comes up now and again. I'm about to create a
partition for audio work and am wondering whether any new consensus has
been reached over which is the best file system format for the job. What
are you, fellows using?

Cheers,
S.M.

Ext3 with the noatime parameter. There's also this modified inotify max_user_watches setting lingering around on the webs (fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 524288) that might somehow yield better performance but I haven't got that cleared out so maybe someone could shed a light on that?

Best,

Jeremy