Re: wicked drum fills with Hydrogen

Now I'm wondering if anyone has ever created anything with PD (or whatever) that would allow one to play a prerecorded drumfill into it, and PD (or whatever) would "data map" it allowing the user to then take said "data map" and turn that into a midi file.

Is this crazy talk?

AmIcrazy?

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Renato <rennabh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 12:16:39 -0700
"Aaron L." <elmastero74@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just started getting into hydrogen.
>
> Pretty sweet.
>
> I'm curious as to how people program fills.
>
> Is there some bank of them that I'm missing?
>
> Or is this a 100% manual process?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Aaron

I once found this blog which had some good fills:

http://briansbedroom.org/

(look at the "hydrogen drum beats" category). Other than that a good
tip I read somewhere is to take a fill you like from a song, crop it
out, listen carefully to it (maybe slowed down with rubberband) and try
to reprogram it in hydrogen

cheers
renato