Re: LV2 synths for Ardour 3?

On 06/27/2011 01:02 AM, allcoms wrote:
Hi Leigh!

Don't think you missed anything there that I'm aware of. One important
point you neglected to mention is that none of the currently available
LV2 synths support MIDI CC, although at least Minicomputer LV2
promises to support this soon.

Hopefully that's not too big a problem in Ardour 3 -- its automation framework does a fine job of automating plugin parameters without those plugins having to expose them as MIDI CCs. I already have a track in the works using Calf Monosynth with automation controlling the filter cutoff, for instance.

Thanks
Leigh

I've not tried drobilla's MDA plugins yet but looking at the source I
see there is a subsynth plugin so I wonder how this stacks up against
the calf LV2 synths?

Dan