Re: Question about rt kernel in Ubuntu

Are you sure you need an rt kernel? You can get realtime scheduling
for Jack with the stock kernel in Ubuntu and Ubuntu Studio.

http://www.jackaudio.org/realtime_vs_realtime_kernel

Well, since the page says:

A kernel built with the realtime patches (an "RT kernel") is needed only if:

You want to run JACK with very low latency settings that require realtime performance that can only be achieved with an RT kernel

I would say yes. I have a professional studio, so i need the best performance in terms of latency.
I wonder why they put the rt kernel out of the repos.

--
Giorgio Baù
Sound engineer

T.Rex Studio