Re: Text-based sound visualisation?

Hello Masy!
I could see something, which wouldn't be realtime, but perhaps workable. You might operate with 200 bands and then finally print the bands, that had clipping, very loud peaks or something of the sort. I think it could be done. You analyse, log each of the volumes in one variable, incrementing it, when necessary and then you compare them and print out the 10 highest bands. Probably the criterion should be more like: print all above xDB. Or xDB above average. Nevger having used something like it, I wouldn't know by what to go. Well I think a good deal of users might not know the citerion behind it, but just pick the peaks out. I thik that JaMin had a sort of wave-display for its multiband EQ. Ithink - especially if working non-rt - this might be a good way to show a multiband analysis. Work with colour codes probably. I suppose the output of songanalysis (frequency: volume) is quite good for an analysis, if you want to find quite exact spots of interest.
  Kindest regards
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net