Re: A3 video prev: syncing partially out of sync video and audio in existing files

Philipp Ãberbacher wrote:
Excerpts from Dave Phillips's message of 2011-06-11 13:50:09 +0200:
Philipp Ãberbacher wrote:

... Today I've seen that in the area of video GUI solutions aren't working that well ...
Sebkha-Chott seem to do all right with what's available :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTF1k93BaOk&feature=feedlik

(According to LAU member Aurelien that video was produced with Kdenlive).

I guess it all depends on what you want to achieve.

Best,

dp

I've seen the video and like it (and the music). I also read kdenlive
rather often recently. I'm under the impression that a lot of recent
development is focused on it, at least the MLT people seem to focus on
this particular GUI. But I really dislike DEs and find it a pity when
very useful software gets integrated into a DE for little tangible
benefit. I should really take the time sometime and see what benefits
desktop integration brings and compare the work involved between a DE
integrated and a version that uses just a toolkit (KDE vs. Qt for
example). My guess at this time is that KDE integration offers a little
bit of convenience and consistency for KDE users, nothing more.

Well, as one of the Rosegarden developers mentioned after they moved RG to pure QT: some features that they got for free from KDE are no longer available. IOW, you have to roll your own to replace some of those features.

I don't remember what they were off the top of my head, but I think (in at least one case) it was a feature that was more then a mere "bit of convenience and consistency for KDE users".

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx