Re: Made with GNU/Linux: 3m171a

On 06/11/2011 07:58 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
Hello Diego!
Thanks a lot for the link.
Beyond the fact, that this is a bit too minimalist for my taste, there
are some nice sounds in there. but I'm not a fan of the bass drum.

I really dig the bd, it's more accoustic sounding than a regular 909 but has some of its danceability.

Must admit I didn't listen to tho whole thing, but I think you could add more only-happening-once sounds to create variation. Also a little less "4-bars, then this sound is unmuted" kind of arrangement would be great, for instance try recording one or more tracks in realtime through the whole thing, it really makes it more organic. I know from experience that it requires you to walk that extra mile, but it's worth it in the end.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk