Re: Getting rid of PulseAudio issues, while PA isn't installed

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Hi,

for my Debian there's no PA installed, but anyway, when I run jackd and
try to get sound for a Youtube video, there's no sound. I need to stop
jackd and then I can hear the sound of the video.

Some time ago somebody wrote that it should be easy to get rid of PA,
while I claimed, that it's hard to do.

Yes, getting rid of PA, while it's still impossible to use non-jack
applications is easy. Yes, for the browser there might be flash with
jackd support, but I would like to have a good old Linux, where I don't
need to take care about this Pulseaudio configurations.

Is it possible to get rid of any PA issues?

My laptop doesn't have PA installed, never did, and audio works. I've never been able to make Flash use JACK, though, so I use Download Helper in FF to download the YouTube video, then play it through JACK using mplayer ...

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx