Re: LAU/LAM video blog

On 13/05/11 14:19, Greg Jones wrote:
Just a thought, YouTube has code now for embedding HTML5 (iframe) and
code for Flash (embed). I think it is a "one or the other" type
situation. Not 100% sure on that. If that is the case you could use
modernizr (http://www.modernizr.com/) to see if their browser is capable
of HTML5 video. If yes, use iframe HTML5 code. If no, use embed and
Flash. Good luck and thanks for putting up the blog.

Embedding their HTML5 player sounds like a brilliant idea, especially now that Firefox 4 is available and Youtube is using WebM even more extensively than before. I'd agree that a Flash fallback is still a good idea, though.

Thanks
Leigh

Greg