Re: Recommended USB interface with 2 XLR inputs?

On 04/30/2011 12:25 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
I apologize for cross posting. I asked this on Alsa-Users a couple of
days ago but haven't received any responses. As it's about shopping I
might do this weekend I figured I'd try here also. Thanks in advance.

I'd like to pick up something to do simple mobile recording gigs with
my laptop. It needs to be USB 2.0 based, have 2 XLR inputs, support
headphone monitoring and preferably do 96KHz.

The M-audio Fast Track Pro seems to come closest although as I
understand it that device won't do 96K on all inputs and outputs at
the same time. Not a huge deal but one tick against for that.

What other devices do folks suggest I take a look at?

Thanks,
Mark

If it needs to be USB2 based your only options are afaik:

- Roland/Cakewalk UA-101
- Roland/Edirol UA-1000
- M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
- M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R