Re: console sequencer

Hello Egor1
Good news and bad news. The bad news first: There is NO MIDI sequencer for the console, that directly supports jack. good news: You can work around that with midish and a few other tools. At least you can get jack_transport start/stop and clock, so you can sync it to other audio apps. With a2j midi bridge you can also connect midish to jackmidi ports. I've just uploaded a small script, that starts all the necessary applications. If you like I can also upload tarballs of the software packages, since I don't have all the original links and a few of them were hard to find.
http://juliencoder.de/ci_jack_midi.sh
You need GNU screen, which is a text-based window manager. It's used to load all the apps on one console and without user interaction. You will have to change or comment (put a # infron of the line) the jack command line.
  You need a2jmidid, which you seem to have.
You need j2a_midi_bridge, which - if I remember correctly is included with a2jmidid. You need jack_midi_clock a small utility written by Gabriel M. Beddingfield, if I remember correctly. That's one of the hard to find crew.
  Lastly you need klick a commandline jack metronome by Florian Schmidt.
There's some half finished work to make the interactive interface more powerful, allowing start/stop to be send, when you press start/stop and allow for odd meters like 13/8 and such. If you need that, drop me a lineand I'll send it to you. Maybe I'll even put in some more work, that Florian suggested. you don't need klick, if your audio software supports jack timing info, as needed for the clock. But if you only work in text, then there is no such software. A word about midish: It's not as nice in a simple way, as cuse, but it's much more powerful. It has a nice commandline interface like your average shell (sh/bash). It also has a command language, which allows you to write procs (functions) for your own convenience and better workflow. It' quite simple, if you've worked with a shell script before. If you need more help, jst say the word. I'll be glad to help you on or off-ist, whatever suites you best.
  Warmly yours
        Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net