Re: Music Made With Linux: Shameless Plug for My Remix Contest Entry

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:39 AM, Cedric Roux <sed@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it just me or others cannot download the music as well?
I don't run flash, is it flash-based? Is it supposed to work with firefox?
maybe version 4.0?

Why so many people on the list use crappy services like the above one,
I don't get it...

Yes, the site requires flash to run their streaming player.  I apologize for not mentioning that before.  I certainly do not choose the web sites I visit because they require flash but I've had to stop being a purist with some things because I haven't found free, non-proprietary, environmentally-friendly alternatives that allow me to participate like everyone else.  From now on I will, at the very least, mention when flash is required and try to include an alternative, Lynx-compatible, means to access the work I am trying to share.

--Steve