Re: KVR One Synth Challenge 26: ZynAddSubFX

On 03/28/2011 01:14 AM, Folderol wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:35:17 +0000
James Morris<jwm.art.net@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

On 18 March 2011 10:13, Rafal Zawadzki<bluszcz@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:33:06 +0100, Nick Copeland
<nickycopeland@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Just FYI. KVR picked ZynAddSubFX for this month's One Synth
Challenge,
it's actually the first challenge focusing on a Linux based synth.

And the prizes are: a bunch of VST apps.

Fantastic, where did my windows recovery CD go?

cyNic.

I think its really good opportunity to promote Linux ;P

Let assume situation, that Linux musician is winning and declaring "where
is Linux version of the award? Take away this useless dll and let me come
back to my tunes"

And do it with Yoshimi == a fork of ZynAddSubFX just to confuse things further.

Well, my entry is in. I'm not at all happy about having to use soundcloud and
128k fixed bit rate :(

A decent ogg version is here:
http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Into_The_Gates_Of_Arram_Koth.ogg

Very full, rich and elaborate track Will!
Still working on my track too, it will probably sound good but the composition is eeermmmm a bit too basic :( We'll see. Very instructive so far, now running Qtractor with about 10 ZynAddSubFX-DSSI plug-ins and two separate Yoshi instances because the plug-in can't handle PADsynth voice patches apparently.

Best,

Jeremy