Re: help with guitarix settings - jack issue

Quoting Cedric Roux <sed@xxxxxxx>:

----- "Peder Hedlund" <peder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1. You aren't running jack with realtime priorities and memory
locking.
    start jack with a "-P 70" flag prior to "-d alsa".

I don't have a rt kernel and don't plan to have one.

You don't need an RT-kernel for this. Most of the RT-patches are in the standard kernel since a long time so this should work for you. And jack _really_ needs to be able to lock down memory.

2. Built in Intel soundcards usually work better with 3 periods per
buffer

I'll try that, why not.

As mentioned by Jeremy, this is for USB - not built ins, but since you have an USB device you should try it.

3. Why are you using different soundcards for capture and playback?

why not? I have an internal soundcard for playback
and an external usb device (ua1ex) for audio
capture. What's wrong with that?

You're introducing additional complexity to the setup. You also seem to be running them at different bit depth (24 vs 32) which may or may not be a problem. Until you get things working, see if you can use the ualex for playback as well.