Re: audio latency question

On 20/03/11 18:38, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

a drummer will get very grumpy indeed over latencies in the 10ms range. (i understand your use of the term to mean "time it takes for the sound to come out after the drummer has hit the pad").

you should aim for 2ms or less, which takes considerable effort and a very good sound card.

P.S. I have just found out that I can use higher than standard data rates on the arduino's hardware serial to get the data off the board, which is where i thought the bottleneck was going to be, so I should hopefully be able to get something like 1ms latency in this part of the system.

( http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1235580746 )