Re: Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

On 03/04/2011 04:00 AM, linux-audio-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Not true of Yoshimi. Yoshimi does both JACK and ALSA, for either MIDI or
audio.

Zyn is less cooperative.
David

from the Yoshimi list when I couldn't get ALSA midi working in my setup...

first came the suggestion:
You're missing *a2jmidid. *After you start jack, run that from the command line -- or set it up as an application on your toolbar and just click it. Then route your controller to midi through. Connect a2j to yoshimi and you should be good to go :)
then...

Yoshimi handles alsa midi and jack midi. At build time, you get to nominate
which of those is to be used by default. Your description of what midi
connections show in qjackctl and patchage suggest you're probably expecting
alsa midi, while yoshi is running set to jack midi.

Regardless of the build time default midi setting, you can set the midi
flavour to be used via command line parameter, eg

so you have to start the app from the command line if you want to use ALSA midi - which most of my setup is using or use the 'a2jmidid' bridge - either way - see my point about not being n00b friendly?