QjackCtl Preset Auto-Load SOLVED!

Some of you might recall me asking for help on shell scripting in order to automatically reset the default QjackCtl preset on each system startup. Well I solved it in an extremely simple way and I thought I'd just share the info for anyone else wanting to do the same sort of thing. So if you switch between 2 or more different soundcards or Jack settings and want your system to automatically start with the same setting, or connected to the same soundcard each time, this is how:

Just write a shell script as simple as this and either save it in your "Startup" folder, or select it using a startup manager like Autostart:

[CODE]qjackctl -p presetname[/CODE]
i.e. "Start QjackCtl with the preset called 'presetname'"

QjackCtl will now automatically load on startup with the preset "presetname". It's as simple as that. For anyone wanting to use this method, make sure you do the following:

- Get rid of any previous settings which cause QjackCtl to startup automatically on system startup.
- The above script is the only auto-start command needed and it should go in a shell script file which is specified in Autostart, and set the "Run On" option to "Startup", not "Shutdown" or "Pre-KDE startup" (or whatever your distro/environment specific options are).
- In QjackCtl settings, you can enable "start JACK audio server connection on application startup" to not only have QjackCtl load with a particular preset, but to start the audio server straight away, seamlessly with that preset too.
- Remember to change "presetname" to whatever you named your desired default preset as.

Hope this saves someone else (probably a beginner like me) tearing their hair out as much as I did.

-Dan