Re: Audio player that handles WMA audio files and WPL playlists

Joel Roth wrote:
A friend has an old laptop with Windows XP that is
misbehaving.

He has a lot of music and playlists in the above formats.
Does Linux have a player that is compatible with these?
Wine is also possible, especially if the apps can be
run off an existing Windows partition.

If the WMAs are encrypted, I don't think any Linux distro can play them.

I'm considering installing a Linux distribution for him.
The window manager needs to be lightweight enough to run on
a Pentium M, with 500MB memory.  He'd like to be able to
view videos as well.

Any distro with the XFCE desktop environment. Try some of the Linux Live CDs like Linux Mint on it and see.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx