Re: Music Made with Linux: Wanda & Nova deViator: Histrionics of Love

On 02/21/2011 11:50 PM, allcoms wrote:
Yes yes - nice track!

Haven't trackers come a long way since MED? Seems there are more
people creating electronica with Renoise under Linux than just about
any other app, which is kinda funny as its non-free but then also not
that weird as lots of us are ex-Amigans who got cut their computer
music teeth on Protracker,

I'm just gonna say this, then shut up:

I didn't use trackers as a kid, an eventhough I has played a little with soundtracker before renoise, it took quite some time to get used to the tracker aspect, and to be honest I might have preferred a piano-roll interface. The reason I use renoise (I suspect the same is true for most linux renoise users) is that it's 1) rock steady 2) very rounded off and 3) very eagerly developed.

Actually for any music app I ever used I can't think of any that beats renoise in *any* of these areas.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk