M-Audio Fast Track Ultra

In a complete and utter fervor today with some newfound extra cash I impulsively purchased an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra, with the hopes and prayers that it would "just work" on my Ubuntu Studio 10.04 system.  My confidence was quickly shattered when I got it home, plugged it in, and did some research on it.  There is a multitude of links out there with people that have had problems with it in Linux, and a few have gotten it to work, but I have no idea how.

So before I go back to the store I figured I'd reach out to the group to see if anyone had any up-to-date information about this equipment, or if they had any suggestions about something good I could exchange it for that might "just work".  I need at least 3 inputs (XLR & Quarter Inch) and cannot spend much more than the $299 I got this M-Audio Fast Track Ultra for.

For reference sake, I'm having the exact same problem as referenced on this forum: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=884329
but I don't really understand the directions on how they fixed the issue.

--
Christopher "Chip" Van Dan
http://www.van-dan.com