Re: [CLAM] Is this project still active (and still no Lucid packages)?

On 02/15/2011 06:16 PM, David García Garzón wrote:
On Tuesday 15 February 2011 14:31:44 David García Garzón wrote:
On Friday 11 February 2011 21:05:05 David García Garzón wrote:
On Monday 07 February 2011 17:38:30 Pau Arumí wrote:
El ds 05 de 02 de 2011 a les 13:29 +0100, en/na Mark Dammer va escriure:
I just stumbled across CLAM and find the website and the software
very inspiring. But I wonder if this project is still under active
development. The fact that there are still no packages for Ubuntu
10.04LTS "Lucid" - what was discussed in the mailing lists since
almost a year ago makes me wonder if this project is still under
active development.
thanks for any update, Mark
Hi Mark,
yes the project is well active. However the svn log is a better
thermometer of activity than the web or mailing list.
Lead developers/maintainers are working at BarcelonaMedia and using
clam extensively for prototyping their real-time systems. Therefore
the main activity is in the networks real-time infrastructure
(including ladspa and lv2 plugins), the NetworkEditor and python
modules to generate and modify networks.
Though most of the signal processing we develop at BM nowadays about
spatial audio is kept private, the CLAM infrastructure improvements are
always public and GPL.

About Ubuntu packages: David is your man i wait him to answer.

Cheers,
I am currently working on having ubuntu packages for maverick based on
subversion snapshots. Once they are ready, at your request, i will try to
backport them to lucid, but no warranty: last time i tried i found some
show stopper dependency problems. I just don't want to expend too much
time on that again, sorry.

We are few developers and package building steal too much hours from
developing the framework and its applications, which should be our main
focus between releases. While we provide some binaries when we do a new
release, packaging for every platform/distro/version should be something
that people working on those platforms do.

If you want to help but you can't maintain the packages yourself, please,
file or vote bug reports for you distro asking for maintained CLAM
packages. Thanks.

As i have the packages I will send a new mail to the list.

David.
Subversion based packages for maverick are built[1], just libs, plugins,
NetEditor and chordata. Not even tested if they work properly (i am in
natty) so please, give me any feedback on succes or failure.

[1] http://clam-project.org/download/linux-ubuntu-maverick/svnsnapshots/

Now trying to build for lucid[2], although i got the expected dependency
problems i think i found some solutions, which won't be accepted by debian
policy guardians but allows the same packaging work in both lucid and
maverick.

[2] http://clam-project.org/download/linux-ubuntu-lucid/svnsnapshots/

David.
Lucid packages finished too.