Re: Linux Laptops?

Am 15.02.2011 02:14, schrieb Jim Eastman:
I agree with the positive comments about Lenovo laptops

I can recommend the thinkpad also

BUT: dont let yourself be fooled by the Lenovo-mark alone. Lenovo also offers cheaper Notebooks. I had a N200 that was quite OK for day-to-day use but certainly not the best machine under the sun for audio-work.

Get a Thinkpad, a real Thinkpad. If you find them too expensive buy a used one. A 2-year old T60 is by far better than a brand new cheapo-model.

and figured
I'd throw in my quick vote of praise as well. I've been running on a
ThinkPad T410 for almost a year now, running Ubuntu, and I've had no
problems with that. From battery status to interfacing with my USB
audio and midi devices, it's all worked well.

-Jim