Re: Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

On 02/07/2011 06:54 AM, Bearcat M. Åandor wrote:
Folks,

I've been thinking about playing with sound effects. For a lot of my
life, i've been interested in the sounds that various things make and i
am wondering if there is a linux program that would allow me to take a
sound clip and manipulate it.  Like taking the sound of a chair squeak
and distort it, stretch it, apply filters to it, alter the tone etc.

Is there a linux gui app for this sort of thing? Preferably in with the
gtk tool kit as i have that all loaded up?

not for everything you mentioned. try freqtweak, tons of fun. does spectral delay, gating, and eq.

for stretching, the rubberband tools come to mind. distortion is available from numerous ladspa plugins, or try guitarix.