Re: Ardour 3 and reusing sessions

On 01/17/2011 08:59 PM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
Hi all,

In Ardour2, I used to copy my existing session into a new directory,
hack the ardour files to change the directory names and then drop in the
recordings to make the podcast releases a lot easier.

In Ardour3 when I do the same trick, the session looks OK but the audio
content is missing. The regions are visible but with no waveform (and
audio when I hit the play button). I hacked the ardour file & the
instant.xml file as well as the interchange contents. All that changes
is the episode number (i.e., epXX to epXY so a quick search & replace
used to work in Ardour 2).

last time something like this happened to me, it was the name of the audio data directory.

say your session is $foo. you copy it to $bar, and then you replace all $foos for $bars in your new session file.

unfortunately, your data directory is still /interchange/$foo/audiofiles. now you can either add this to ardour3's search path when the missing files popup comes up, or just rename the directory.