Re: [LAA] [ANN] guitarix released gx_head

On 01/14/2011 09:36 PM, hermann wrote:
I'm happy to announce the first public release of gx_head.
gx_head is a simple guitar mono tube amplifier simulation based
on the work we have done in the guitarix project.
gx_head provide 3 tube models (12AX7, 12AU7, 6V6)
and 8 different tonestack models(Bassman, Twin Reverb, Princeton, JCM-800,
JCM-2000, M-Lead, M2199, AC30), so you can simply create the amp-model
to your needs.

gx_head comes with a bunch of in-build effects, like distortion, crybaby,
autowah, phaser, flanger, echo, delay, . . .
The effects could ordered in two Racks, on for the mono effects, witch
could be load for pre or post processing, and one for the stereo
effects, witch could only used in post processing.
Effects are loadable over the menu, a pop-up menu in the racks, or a
plugin bar. Settings could saved/load as presets.
gx_head comes with some factory settings provided by guitarix/gx_head
friend "funkmuscle", thanks therefore.

All UI controllers could connected with jack midi via MIDI learn with
your external MIDI controllers.

gx_head is ready for language support via gettext() and comes thanks to
Pablo FernÃndez with a Spanish translation.

The style file gx2 is contributed by zettberlin, thanks Hartmut

Hello Hermann,

What is actually the difference between guitarix and gx_head? Or is gx_head basically Guitarix 0.12 ? And can't thank you enough for guitarix/gx_head, all I need is to plug in my guitar into my soundcard, fire up guitarix/gx_head and off I go. No more Line6 Pod (it's gathering dust here), no more NI Guitar Rig (I can get better sounds from guitarix, have to admit though haven't used Guitar Rig in like 2 years) just pure tone :)

Best,

Jeremy